Clean your fan completely. I used a compass to make sure the lines were the same on all blades because that’s how I roll. That creates distinct color blocks as it spins. That was nice but I wanted it to be more like it is now with the blur of colors. The messy splats created more of a smoother blend. I just used cheap acrylics. I’ll seal it later tonight with decoupage glue.
This paint effect works on all fan speeds on this fan.
The lesson I see going around with a red blade, a blue, and a yellow blade on a three-blade fan did not work for me. All I got was a blur of red. Maybe that one will work for you too though!